Great time to have a Yahoo! StoreYahoo! Store
This probably applies to small biz online retailers in general, but if you have a Yahoo! Store here are some of the things you can do at low or no cost today:
- Use advanced web analytics like Yahoo! Web Analytics or Google Analytics.
- Do multivariate and AB testing.
- Run segmented email campaigns.
- Develop multi-touch campaign attribution models.
- Personalize and target your content for different visitor segments.
- Tap into vast social media networks.
- You can even create your own advanced voice apps.
- Extract and mash up data via open API to suit your needs.
If you asked me about being able to do this a handful of years ago I would have said that only the big boys could afford to do this type of stuff. These powerful tools come with strings attached however. You have to raise your own game and data literacy to take full advantage of them. Find the people and resources who can help you learn all this.
Speed and ease of implementation of your campaigns will be key and you'll have to learn to make decisions in the face of too little or too much and often ambiguous data.